Monday, November 8, 2010

Inspiring Christmas Decor

Today I'm feeling very inspired by all the pretty things I'm coming across on some of my favourite sites and stores. I thought I'd share a few of my favourites with you, all of which look like we could easily recreate them. You can bet I'll be trying my own versions of at least a few of these very soon.

Isn't this simple tiered candle and ornament display amazing? It would be sooo easy to do, too. It makes me want those little C&B ornaments I showed you here even more - they'd be perfect.


These upside-down wine glasses make amazing candleholders. I would love to try this with some of our stemware. I think it's brilliant!

This little evergreen planted in a teapot is perfect. It would fit right in here on Simcoe Street. Isn't it adorable? It could go right on the little round end table in our living room.


Little ones would love this gumdrop candy creation from Martha Stewart, which looks super easy to do.

These hand towels would be super cute in the guest bath. Another project that makes me wish I could sew...

This would make a beautiful centrepiece. I love this one so much. I might make a version of this for my coffee table (and could use it for dinner parties, too).
Better Homes and Gardens


I like this one because I'd never thought to put taper candles in stem vases. I like the simplicity of the combo of candles and flowers here.
Better Homes and Gardens


And these simple ornaments under a glass cloche are lovely. This display could go in any room of the house. Mine would have blue instead of green, I think, like the ones in my china cabinet.
Bhg.com
Hope some of these ideas were inspiring to you, too.
I'll be doing a feature sometime this month on my favourite blog decor ideas - let me know if you have a Christmas decorating idea you want me to see! (Just leave a comment with a link and I'll hop right over to check it out)


Jenny
xo

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas...love to create several of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do not know english language converter used jenny TÜRÇEK translate to English

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Naughty and Nice towels. In my house, the naughty would definitely go to the hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great ideas...I'm so happy I discovered your blog through Life Made Lovely...it's already given me a lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great candles and great ideas. I love all the candles.......
    hope you would like to pay a visit to me at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! Love the last one from BHG. Christmas is my favorite holiday and it's fun to decorate for.

    Thanks too for dropping by my blog!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those upside down glasses are definately my fav.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)