Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas Recap

Since I pulled a bit of a disappearing act over the holidays, I thought I'd recap a little of our Christmas by sharing some photos from the holidays. Benjamin's first Christmas was a very special one, and we were lucky to have so many friends and relatives to celebrate with. These pics are from our time with family on December 24/25. 

Here's our little Benjamonkey's stocking at his Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was given to him by my sister's mother-in-law, who monogrammed it herself. I love that. 
Did I tell you all that one of Ben's many nicknames is Benjamonkey? It totally suits him. 
One day, when he is all grown up and Matt and I are old and grey, this will be a sweet little reminder of our first Christmas as a family of three. Ben gave this to Matt when we celebrated Christmas just the three of us, on December 23rd. 
Like many of our gifts, it was wrapped in a very simple brown paper bag, like so
(see more of how we wrapped our gifts for free right here):
Benny enjoyed playing with his presents, and the toys the big kids got (actually, this giant nerf gun was given to an adult).
Benjamin also received several Christmas outfits which he wore happily - most of the time, anyway. 
Here's some more Christmas snapshots (click "Read More" to see the pics, plus our Christmas tablescape and more):

(To see all of the ornaments up close, click here)
Each year on Christmas Eve, my parents give us a new set of pyjamas. Above and below, you can see us all wearing them. 

Isn't the bib my brother Matthew gave Benjamin funny?
And here's a few shots of our Christmas Eve dinner table. I didn't have my camera for Christmas day, so I'll have to get those from someone and share 'em some other time. 
Am I the only one who is already looking forward to this year's Christmas?

Jenny xo

Linking to my fave parties here. You should too :)

12 comments:

  1. The cape, oops I mean bib for Benjamonkey, is a hoot! I love that everyone still gets PJ's even as adults; I guess we're always our parent's children. Do you have a countdown calendar to Christmas starting on Dec 26 of each year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No calendar, but it wouldn't be totally out of character :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    You have a Beautiful family !! The Baby looks so sweet with his Dad..
    Wow on the Tablescape looks Gorgeous, you did a lovely job putting this all together for your dinner party.. I hope you and your sweet Baby AND FAMILY HAVE a wonderful weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already started my brainstorming for Christmas 2012 - a little crazy but hey I love Christmas!
    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than Christmas surrounded by family - and I LOVE those brown paper bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I love, love the bib - I've seen them elsewhere and they are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Christmas! Love the monkey ornament! The bid is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to have the family together and everyone wearing their new PJ's..don't know who doesn't love putting on new PJ's. great pictures and your baby is getting so big and looks like he got lots of love over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun. It looks like everyone had such a great time and you have such wonderful pics of all the family. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benjamonkey - I absolutely LOVE that nickname!!! He is so adorable!!Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures!

    Thanks for linking up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop. I always look forward to what you have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always received pi's on Christmas Eve, and we also gave our children new pi's to open on Christmas Eve, too. It made for better pictures on Christmas Day under the tree. Looks like your family had a great time. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baby Benjamonkey is GORGEOUS!! These are such wonderful pictures of you and your family...worth waiting for you to post! Merry Belated Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)